Sunday, August 5, 2012

June 17, 2012 letters


 

Letter dated June 17, 2012

Dear Brent My Great Father!

How are you doing dad?! I miss you! This past week was sweet, a lot of fun!J As you’ve heard, I’ve got a new companion, he was in the MTC the same time as me and his name is Elder Mbeson from Nigeria. He’s really cool. I like him a lot, we are having fun!J And thank you so much for the packages!J They’re amazing and I couldn’t ask for any better, more amazing parents. Thank you again so much! This past week was great! Had fun! Been raining a bunch! It’s raining as we speak! CRAZY! How are things at home? I hope they’re all great! The past couple of days we’ve been having deep doctrinal discussions before bed. It’s awesome!J Some questions, “What are the names of the 12 disciples in the Book of Mormon, or for the Nephites that Jesus called?” “Did the apostles get married?” “Did Moses die?” “Why are we called Elders and we aren’t married?” “Who was the prophet after Jesus?” “Do angels have wings?” I know the answer to these questions, do you know them? If you don’t, feel free to ask!J I love you Dad, have a great week!

Love,

Elder Cody Randall

(P.S. read Mom’s letter, its for the familyJ )

 

Letter dated June 17, 2012

Mom! OMGosh THANK YOU!!

You’re amazing! The music, pop tarts, candy, chocolate chips, carne asada! Holy crap! I opened that thing and I almost cried! Thank you sooo much!!! The America food tastes sooo good! I forgot what a poptart tasted like. LOL. Thank you for everything! I can’t thank you enough! And thanks for the Conference talks, I hope they weren’t too much. No letters though…next timeJ So this week was super eventful. Monday, P-day, didn’t do anything till the evening, as you know, I emailed you. Came home and went to family home evening. It was soooo awesome!J Then came home and watched Elders Akpan, Edwards, Ayang, & Nwoko (Nigerians) all cook a dog. Yes, sorry, a dog. Tuesday after district meeting, we all came to our apartment and at dog & rice. **(Yes, mom is getting sick to her stomach right about now)** It was hard to eat cuz I knew it was dog. But it tasted like roast beef, so it wasn’t bad, once I got over the fact that it was dog. Wednesday I woke up at 3 a.m. to get ready by 4 a.m., left to Takoradi to go and get Nwoko’s Patriarchal blessing. Then we went to the STC station to send Nwoko to get his new companion and for me to get mine. It was a long time. Sat there 6 hours waiting! But the rest of the week was normal, hard missionary work. Enjoying I am!J I love you mom, and thank you so much for everything! I’m so grateful! Tell me all about how everything is back at home!! I love you and miss you all! Have a great week and know that I love you!

Love,

Elder Cody Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment