Sunday, August 5, 2012

Letters dated 7/8/12

Hey Mom!
How are you? I hope you've been getting all my letters and the kids all my pictures! I'm doing GREAT, feeling well, and having fun!:) This week was great! Went to the island in our area and had a baptism. Sweet, right?! But, first, I've got some sad..bad...I'm very unhappy about news...my..Camera..is..broken!!:( idk how or what happened, but last Sunday, no Weds, I was looking at pictures then all of a sudden it just turned off. I recharged the battery and then put it back in and it didn't turn on! I'm so mad! I couldn't take any pics of the island or the baptism! Sorry mom! :( What should I do? Any ways...good news...Sunday church was great! Monday P-day was great, Cape Coast came to Takoradi and we played soccer then went to the beach, it was alot of fun!!:) Then Tues. we didn't do anything. We were told Monday we were getting new phones and our phones wouldn't be on. So we sat in all day and studied all day. It was sweet! lol. Then, Weds. we went to a landlord's house and cleaned it. They don't build houses like they do at home. Dad would have been mad if the job looked like the house. Thurs was sweet, made sure our baptismal candidate was ready and taught some sweet lessons! Friday was good as well. Taught more lessons and getting closer with the ward:) Saturday we woke up, got ready, and left around 9 to go get our ward mission leader, Bro. Angelous. We then made our way to the boat and had to take it to go to the island. It was cool, 25 min boat ride to the island, welcomed with smiles. Then we went to a member's house out there and he fed us! WOW, so much, I ate 3 coconuts, some new food. Ewaye is what they spoke so new. Different food, So much of it: fish, talapia, and crab, FRESH! Then we came home and went to Sofokrom and baptized Ruth Abaka, 13 yrs old, speaks French and Fanti. Baptism was good though!:) I'm doing great, everything is great! I love you all and miss you! And I can't say, express, or write how grateful I am for all of you, and you mom!! I love you! Be safe.
Love,
Elder Cody Randall

Hey Dad!
How's it going? How's work? I hope all is well! This week has been great and alot of fun!:) I told Mom all about it, so you can read hers, LOL, I don't wanna repeat myself. But I am doing great and am having tons of fun! Tues was a scripture study day, it was sweet! I read from Jacob 7 to Mosiah 25. It was a sweet reading. Jacob ch 7. shows how powerful of a man of God he is. Then Enos and his repentance. Then Jarom tells us to listen to "our fathers" his and ours, and about the Lamanites & Nephites. Then Omni, without looking, how many people wrote in the book of Omni? If you don't know, go and look:) The answer is 4! That's alot LOL. Then the Words of Mormon is like a history of how Mosiah received the plates and about King Benjamin. Then Mosiah. Oh Boy, Mosiah, he's cool. LOL. Ch. 1 talks about how we'd be without the plates, the language of the plates and Ch. 1 vs 7 is good! Chapter 7 is King Benjamin's proclamation stating Mosiah is king and what the Lord wants his people to hear. And what we shouldn't do, ch 2 v 33, and verse 41 is great! Chapter 3 talks on how we should be, Jesus Christ, it's a sweet chapter! Then ch 4 is like a chastisement to everyone. It's a sweet chapter. And ch 5 v. 8 made free by Jesus. How awesome to know and to read these things. People know of God and the Bible and Jesus. But not how and what he really did for us! Without him we would all die, through him we can repent and live again. The Atonement talk by David A. Bednar is awesome! Everytime I see grace, I replace it with "enabling power", because through Jesus Christ's grace, or enabling power, all things are possible! I love you Dad and miss you alot! I'm so happy to be where I am, don't really want to be any where else!:) LOVE YOU!!
Love,
Elder Cody Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment