Sunday, August 5, 2012

Letter dated June 25, 2012 (received 8/2/12)

Hey Mom!
How are you doing? Hope all is well back at home with all the kids being outta school and their activities they're doing! My life  here in Ghana is great! The other night I was laying in bed trying to sleep while my mind was racing- no bueno! But, I was just thinking (for some reason unknown to me) "I'm in Africa right now, on my mission, what I've dreamed about since I was little and I'm really here! I'm not in America, I'm in Africa, half-way across the world! I'll probably never see these people again until the next world. I'll never be in this moment again!" Just some thoughts that were running through my head  it was crazy! I've been in Africa almost 8 months already, time flies! Seems like just yesterday I was waking up at 5 a.m. and getting ready to go to the airport to come here. I LOVE THIS PLACE! THERE'S NO PLACE I'D RATHER BE SERVING! The people here are amazing. And I'm so blessed  to be in their lives. I can truly see how much the gospel has blessed my life, without it I honestly have no idea where I'd be right now! So thank you and Dad for EVERYTHING you've done for me! The things I'm doing now and what I'm preparing to do and who I'm preparing to be, I never would have guessed in a million years I'd be doing them. When I'm home we'll have some great talks!!:) So you better start to prepare your questions for me. I'll be expecting millions!!!:) I love you mom, and again, thank you for everything! Have a great week and send my love to everyone.
All my love,
Elder Cody Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment