Sunday, April 1, 2012

letters dated 1/24/2012

Hey Dad!
How are things? I'm glad all is well back at home. Having fun without me? I miss you alot! My mission is going great! I am learning and accomplishing alot! Something cool I learned is the word "believe" or "to believe in" isn't just something that you accept is true, it's also acting upon it. Because you can believe that the church is true, sure, but what are you going to do about it? You must act upon something you believe in or who's really to say you believe? I was reading in 3Nephi 27: 16-17 which talks about enduring to the end and then v. 19-20 talks about how we must follow Christ he was an example. V.22 talks about enduring to the end and eternal life. V28-29 talk about prayer and if you have questions, then V. 32 talks about the devil's power, and the end of V. 33 talks about "straight is the gate and narrow is the way" how it's not easy to do but it's worth it. We must all endure to the end once we are baptized. The Devil is smart and cunning and he'll work any which way to make you suffer eternally. In Ether 12:27-28, it talks of why we have weaknesses. It's amazing all that God has done for us! It's powerful! Well, Dad, I love you and I hope all is well. Be safe. I pray for you all the time. I miss you! Give mom and every one hugs and kisses for me!
Love,
Elder Cody Randall

Hey Mom!
I hope you are feeling better by the time you get this. Things here are good. Yesterday was P-day and I was able to talk to you (email) which was great! I miss you alot! But yesterday we found the Oreo lady! She had 6 boxes of oreos, selling for 12 cedis a piece, so we bought all 6! And me and Hunt carried them home on our bikes, we each had 3 boxes on top of our handle bars, and under our chins. I must say that mile and a half bike ride was long! But now we all have oreos that we bought for 12 cedis each. I don't think you can buy 24 sleeves of oreos for that much?! But we are enjoying the rest of the day. I washed clothes, and my hands are so cut up it's ridiculous! You'll see the pain I go through soon! LOL:) But like I said, we've got some pretty sweet investigators, 11 total, and they're awesome. I'm enjoying alot:) Like you said yesterday, it's been a short time, but it feels so long, too. I know what you mean. But, I'm enjoying life here. Oh, something else:) We made our own peanut butter (ground nut paste), so you don't need to send PB any more! LOL. But I love you mom, and you and the family are all in my prayers! Be safe!
Love,
Elder Cody Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment