Wednesday, January 18, 2012

letter, dated December 17, 2011 (received 1/18/2012)

Hey Dad!It's Saturday, December 17, here in Africa. It's a beautiful day here. The sun is shining, and the kids are playing outside. It's a good day. Currently, me and my companion are listening to a talk called teaching by the spirit. It's really interesting. I've only been listening to it shortly, but it's cool. He says to always have a prayer in your heart, whether to help you teach or to help you convey your message. Then he showed an example of how a 14 year old boy had to give his first talk and he was mumbling and just staring at his paper and there was a man sitting in the back just thinking, and said, "why didn't the Bishop call someone else better to talk, this kid sucks." While a man sitting next to him was saying a prayer in  his heart that the young 14 year old boy would feel comfortable and be able to share his message with the congregation. Maybe 2 mins later, the boy looked up and said, "now brothers and sisters I don't know much about what's on this paper,"  and then he bore a very powerful testimony that brought tears to many. It was a cool story! But, I'm enjoying Africa. Teaching a lot of people and it's cool to teach these people when we don't exactly know what to say or what they want to know, so we teach by the spirit, it's awesome! But being on my mission has taught me alot. I'm learning alot, praying alot, and everything. I know I still have more to learn and I'm ready to learn. It's a great experience to be here. Well, dad , I love you and I know the church is true. I know through prayer we can have our questions answered and can receive help in no matter what we may need.  Everything and everybody can learn new things. It's great we can always learn something new. Knowledge is one of the only things we can take with us. Thank you dad for everything you have given me and taught me. I love you. Be safe.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Love,
Elder Cody Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment